k-Drill® S7 is a potassium sulphate (K2SO4) of natural origin, dedicated for use as a chloride free shale inhibitor in water based drilling fluids where chloride salts are restricted. Thus k-Drill® S7 is increasingly being used in on-shore drilling operations, where disposal of chloride salts is regulated.
k-Drill® S7 has a maximum solubility in water of 10 % at 20 °C. It should not be blended with calcium containing drilling fluids in order to prevent Gypsum precipitation.
The benefits of using k-Drill® S7 include:
- Helps to prevent clay swelling in the presence of water
- Helps minimize fines migration
- High quality that is widely appreciated by the industry
- Cl content < 0,5 %
- Easy to handle due to coarse particle size
- Soluble in water
- Continuous, consistent pure quality supply
- Efficient, safe and economic source of potassium ion
- Best alternative where chloride salts are restricted for environmental reasons
k-Drill® – German quality, reliable services
Quality, reliability and trust are what k-Drill® stands for. It combines an excellent product quality with our worldwide renowned services, which are designed to match your demands and logistic challenges.